[Koha] installing Koha 3, bulk marc import v. staged

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 04:49:36 NZST 2009

As far as I am aware, the MARC staging stores the MARC data in koha
for future use in cataloging items, it does not create items itself.
Bulk marc import in meant for importing marc records with items
already attached. I believe you may have to use the bulk marc import,
but it is not that bad to work with. The important part is to set up
your mappings beforehand and make sure that you have the right data in
the right places. The importer needs certain information to be in
certain fields for work correctly. I'm sure those fields are
documented somewhere.

Hope this helps,
Kyle

http://www.kylehall.info