[Koha] How to delete a record after entering a rare unicode character

Frederic Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Fri Oct 23 21:08:22 NZDT 2009

> On koha 3.0.3 we edited a title of a record, inserting the following
> unicode charachter 𡼱 [it's a rare Chinese character][Decimal: 139057;
> UTF-8: F0 A1 BC B1] from unicode.org. In the input field it looked
> just fine. But after saving the record, we got a fatal error message
> and the record became inaccesible. Under the old title it is still
> searchable (intranet and OPAC), but if you follow the respective
> links, you get invariably the following error messages:

I can confirm this bug. This character break marcxml biblioitems table
field: field content stops a this character and so XML marc document
can't be parsed anymore.

> And last but not least, how can I delete or access the compromised
> record again?

It's not possible to recreate by hand such a corrupted xml marc record.
You have to delete the record identified by its biblionumber in your
MySQL DB:

    DELETE FROM biblio WHERE biblionumber=x
    DELETE FROM biblioitems WHERE biblionumber=x
    DELETE FROM items WHERE biblionumber=x

And then rebuild zebra indexes : rebuild_zebra -r -b

--
Frédéric