[Koha] How to delete a record after entering a rare unicode character

Marc Nürnberger marc.nuernberger at gmx.de
Fri Oct 23 19:48:23 NZDT 2009

Dear List,

On koha 3.0.3 we edited a title of a record, inserting the following
unicode charachter 𡼱 [it's a rare Chinese character][Decimal: 139057;
UTF-8: F0 A1 BC B1] from unicode.org. In the input field it looked
just fine. But after saving the record, we got a fatal error message
and the record became inaccesible. Under the old title it is still
searchable (intranet and OPAC), but if you follow the respective
links, you get invariably the following error messages:

########

Intranet: Error 404

########

OPAC: The following fatal error has occurred:

Can't call method "clone" on an undefined value at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/XSLT.pm line 56.

#########

Has anyone experienced similar things? Are there any restrictions on
the unicode rage for input that we should be aware of?

And last but not least, how can I delete or access the compromised
record again?

Any help would be warmly appreciated.

Best regards,
Marc