[Koha] Open source ballot design

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Wed Oct 14 04:47:47 NZDT 2009

Hi Thomas,

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Thomas Dukleth <kohalist at agogme.com>wrote:

> Reply inline:
>
> > It is clear that she is very conscious of the opinions and concerns
> > expressed in recent days. Doubtless these have been taken into
> > consideration.
>
> [...]
>
> Chris, I suspect you may have changed your mind since you discussed the
> issue with me on the #koha IRC when realising just how difficult it is to
> write these questions well.

Actually, my mind has not changed so much as becoming resolved on its own
course of action.

You will remember that I expressed the same sentiments as those above to you
at the conclusion of our conversation on irc last evening.

I do have my own "opinions" about what should/should not appear on the
ballot and how those items might be best worded. I have expressed those in a
general way at various times. However, I have full confidence in the ability
of Nicole to arrive at well-worded, objective, as-neutral-as-possible
questions. After thoughtful reflection on the matter over night, I have
posted what I thought would be my most helpful contribution to this issue
encouraging us to get behind Nicole and let her do what we asked her to
(which was not simply to be an amanuensis). As a matter of fact, I am
willfully ceding my "right to personally word the ballot" (if there is such
a thing) to her because I believe that is the responsible action in
consideration of the need of the hour and the good of all involved.

Furthermore, afaict, there is no general consensus emerging in favor of the
"debate the ballot" subject.

Kind Regards,
Chris