[Koha] Koha and UTF-8 (again)

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Wed Jan 7 02:04:30 NZDT 2009

Hi Thommy,

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 7:19 AM, "Thommy M. Malmström"
<thommy.m.malmstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was to quick to say YES (Sorry Paul, no flowers). All my problems
> wasn't solved by setting it Latin1. As there are so many parameters it's
> almost impossible to keep track of all changes. I'm doing the standard
> thing of changing just one parameter at the time but it grows to a three
> that is extremely big. There are at least 4 different major places to
> set the character encoding schema and that yields 4!=24 different
> combinations. It's just to much as I have to kill the database and start
> the perl installer.pl part over each time...
3.0 is the only UNICODE safe version of Koha. Getting 2.2.9 in a
UNICODE safe state would require a lot of effort, modifications to the
database definitions, templates, and Perl modules. I'd highly suggest
you upgrade to 3.0, which has a lot of other improvements.

Cheers,

Josh

CEO                         migration, training, maintenance, support