[Koha] Help needed in Label Creator

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Tue Dec 15 16:12:33 NZDT 2009

Hi Nitesh,

2009/12/14 nitesh rijal <rijal.it at gmail.com>

> Hello all.
>
> I'm using KOHA 3.0.3 in Debian Lenny. I have currently tried to set up the
> label creator for books and patrons.
>
> I started creating the labels but ran into a small problem.
>
> Generating labels for books is going good, but I'm facing problems in
> generating labels for patrons.
>
> I can generate visible label only when I select the Print Type as "Patron
> Cards", but this layout gives homebranch, patron type and patron barcode.
> The thing that annoys me is that I only want the patron barcode nothing
> else. I have tried to use "only barcodes" type and also assigned barcode
> field in the text field type but it generates blank pdfs. The only way I can
> get patron label pdf is by selecting the patron cards type.
>
> I tried to look at the documentaion but it doesn't explain about the
> "patron cards" type. I just want to remove the homebranch library name and
> parton type from the output generated by "patron cards" type.

The Patron Cards feature in 3.0.x is only half there and as such does not
function as one might expect. The entire module is currently being
re-written and will appear fully functional in 3.2. Until then, you could
create a report to export your patron card numbers and then use another
piece of software to generate the barcode labels you desire.

HTH

Kind Regards,
Chris