[Koha] Getting a newer version of Koha

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 09:16:43 NZDT 2008

George Adams wrote:
> Thanks, HS.  I have a number of customized templates (and even perl
> files) for 3.0alpha, so I guess I should:
> 1) backup the existing /usr/share/koha
> 2) backup the existing "koha" MySQL database.
> 3) install the snapshot into /usr/share/koha, letting it overwrite what
> it wants
> 4) copy my modified templates/files back in /usr/share koha (merging
> where necessary with newer Koha code).
>
> If I need to revert, I suppose I can reinstall the backed-up
> /usr/share/koha directory and MySQL data.

Seems like a good plan. Unless your own perl scripts mess something up
in the new snapshot, I don't see any problems.

Please let us know how this goes.

BTW, why do have modified templates? Instead, wasn't it possible to tell
Koha to use your own templates instead of having to modify Koha's own?
This way, you keep your templates separate from Koha's.

regards,
->HS