[Koha] Getting a newer version of Koha

George Adams g_adams27 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 21 15:52:46 NZDT 2008

> BTW, why do have modified templates? Instead, wasn't it possible to tell
> Koha to use your own templates instead of having to modify Koha's own?
> This way, you keep your templates separate from Koha's.

To be honest, I don't/didn't know how to do that.

It wasn't really a whole new template set - it was just a few tweaks to the Koha templates (for instance, to add a bottom border to each element that appears in the "Description" tab of an item in the OPAC, to separate the description from the cast from the movie rating, etc. - that sort of thing).

Plus, even if I make a copy of the Koha template, I'll still have just as much work to merge my customizations and Koha's post-alpha template changes every time I download a new snapshot, so it may not make much difference...