[Koha] Issuing Rules entry tips needed (parameters)

BWS Johnson mhelman at illinoisalumni.org
Sat Jan 5 01:10:03 NZDT 2008

Salvete!

>> [...] Honesty is what we've got over the commercial vendors.
>
>I'm a commercial vendor (but I have enough people buying in January to
>keep me busy), so I both thank you for the praise and wonder if that
>was a veiled insult against someone from koha.org/support/pay.html ...
;-)

To me, Koha folks are just not in the same ballpark as say...Dynix. I'm
glad that we're seducing folks back from skeevy ILS peddlers. Really, at
the end of the day, a whole bunch of ILS vendors are willing to say
anything they think we want to hear. They are all too willing to make
ridiculous promises that they have no intention of ever delivering on.
"Try Pirelli's Miracle elixir..."

As for veiled insults, I don't do well with that sort of thing. I've got
into more trouble than someone meek would for speaking my mind about a
hard right over an easy wrong, particularly when the things I say aren't
flattering. Pulling one's punches doesn't make for progress, and I'd
rather have progress. That said, I think one can generally go further
with kindness than nastiness, particularly when working as a team. Koha
proves that hypothesis a million times over. :) But in order that the
record is accurate, I am the black sheep of this field, and it's a
reputation I've earned.

Cheers,
Brooke