[Koha] Just to be clear...for indexing

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Wed Jan 3 05:37:31 NZDT 2007

Hi Lenora,

See comments below:

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 08:21:45AM -0800, Lenora Oftedahl wrote:
> I'm running
>
> Server information
>
> Koha version2.2.5
>
> OS version ('uname -a')Linux maple 2.4.27-2-386 #1 Wed Aug 17 09:33:35 UTC 2005 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> Perl version5.008004
>
> MySQL versionmysql Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.24, for pc-linux-gnu (i386)
>
> Apache version
>

> However, my indexing seems to be lost as I can pull up lists of items with the Item Type or Branch search, but not any of the other searches.
>
> Do I still need the Zebra plug-in?  My tech support is not clear on what needs to be done.
I would definitely recommend that you NOT use the Zebra plugin. If you
installed it there is a good chance you'll need to restore from a
previous backup. The Zebra plugin is really only useful for medium-
large collections (more than say 200,000 records) -- if I remember
correctly, your running less than 20,000 records so I'd stick with
a stock 2.2 install (upgrading to 2.2.7 would be a good idea).

So what happened that caused this issue? Did you attempt an upgrade?

Cheers,