[Koha] import references from KOHA to Reference manager

Steven F.Baljkas baljkas at mts.net
Wed Feb 15 05:53:56 NZDT 2006

Tuesday, February 14, 2006    10:46 CST

Salut Anne!

It may be possible to import citations from Reference Manager into Koha using a free tool such as MARCEdit as a bridge to convert the references at text level.

Could you perhaps provide an example or two of the "specific tagged format" that you need? That info would allow me to see if MARCEdit could be used to transform MARC records without too much additional effort on your part.

Also, one needs to know if you are dealing with UNIMARC or MARC21 records.

If you want to find out about MARCEdit on your own, you can surf to the MARC Records, Systems and Tools area of the LC website, and Find info on it on the page at
   URL <http://www.loc.gov/marc/marctools.html>

Hope this helps. Get back to me if you want further assistance.

Cheers,
Steven F. Baljkas
library tech at large
Koha neophyte
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

From: "Anne Gibert" <anneg at spc.int>
Date: 2006/01/24 Tue PM 05:51:29 CST
To: <koha at lists.katipo.co.nz>
Subject: [Koha] import references from KOHA to Reference manager

Dear all,

I would like to import references from koha to Reference Manager, but I don't know exactly the process. I saved records in format .txt and encoding ANSI. What is the right "import filter Editor" in reference manager to read this specific tagged format, is it possible to do an import from this file? Our Z39.50 doesn't work so I think it's the only one way to try to import references.

The aim is to build a bibliography.

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

Anne Gibert

Bibliothécaire adjointe
CPS - Secrétariat Général
de la Communauté du Pacifique
BP D5 - 98848 Nouméa Cedex - Nouvelle-Calédonie
Téléphone : 687 26.20.00 ligne directe : 687 26.01.32
Télécopieur : 687 26.36.18
e-mail: anneg at spc.int <mailto:anneg at spc.int>
  Librarian assistant
  SPC - Secretariat of the Pacific Community
  BP D5 - 98848 Noumea Cedex - New Caledonia
  Telephone: 687 26.20.00 direct line: 687 26.01.32
  Facsimile: 687 26.38.18
  e-mail: anneg at spc.int