[Koha] z3950 stalls after one search

Kevin Johnson kevin at utig.ig.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 7 05:02:35 NZDT 2002

Ok. I created an apache user, got all of the permissions on the parent
directories correct, and ran a few test queries. Was working beautifully. I
left if overnight and tried another query this morning. The results page
says processing and it's incrementing the time, but it never finishes. In
the log file there is the message:

Event: '?? Connection.pm:138' died and then $Event::DIED died with: Can't
call method "attributes" without a package or object reference at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/Event.pm line 88, <KC> line 10.

  at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/Net/Z3950/Manager.pm line 220

Does this process have to manually restarted every so often or is this
anomalous?

Thanks for your help.

Kevin

At 11:56 PM 11/4/2002 -0800, you wrote:

>On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Kevin Johnson wrote:
>
> > Hi. I recently install koha and it is mostly working. When I do a Z39.50
> > search however, it will process the first item in the queue, but stall
> > after that with other processes marked as pending. If I send a kill
> -HUP to
> > z3950processqueue.pid it starts working on the next one, but this is
> > probably not the desired behavior. If it makes a difference my
> RunAsUser is
> > not "apache". Other than that I think I followed all the instructions, and
> > it is sort of working. Any help would be most appreciated.
> >

>It is important that RunAsUser be set to the same user that your web
>server process runs as.  The web server runs the cgi scripts which signals
>the script to wake up and process new requests when new requests are
>queued up through the web interface.  If the process is running as a
>different user, the signal will not work, and the daeemon will never wake
>up.
>
>Steve.

----
Kevin Johnson                   University of Texas, Institute for Geophysics
Senior Systems Analyst          4412 Spicewood Springs Rd -- Bldg. 600
(512) 471-0410                  Austin, TX 78759-8500
mailto:kevin at ig.utexas.edu      http://www.ig.utexas.edu