[Koha] z3950 stalls after one search

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Tue Nov 5 20:56:56 NZDT 2002

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Kevin Johnson wrote:

> Hi. I recently install koha and it is mostly working. When I do a Z39.50
> search however, it will process the first item in the queue, but stall
> after that with other processes marked as pending. If I send a kill -HUP to
> z3950processqueue.pid it starts working on the next one, but this is
> probably not the desired behavior. If it makes a difference my RunAsUser is
> not "apache". Other than that I think I followed all the instructions, and
> it is sort of working. Any help would be most appreciated.

It is important that RunAsUser be set to the same user that your web
server process runs as.  The web server runs the cgi scripts which signals
the script to wake up and process new requests when new requests are
queued up through the web interface.  If the process is running as a
different user, the signal will not work, and the daeemon will never wake
up.

Steve.