[Koha] Looking for small scale solution

Glen Eustace geustace at godzone.net.nz
Wed Apr 24 16:43:54 NZST 2002

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:31, Rachel Hamilton-Williams wrote:

> I don't see any particular problem with running more than one instance of
> Koha on a machine (we do that with our dev and demo ones).  I'm assuming
> by "managed by different people" you mean that they can only see/edit their
> own collection?

Yes, that is the intent.

> I don't think anyone has Koha doing that at the moment, but Koha has the
> concepts of collections and branches which should be of use to you?

Are the collections at each branch treated as different or is there one large
collection that is located at more than one place.

> So would you want a central patron management scheme or multiple small
> ones?  I'd have thought central would be useful so that you don't have to
> keep multiple records (assuming a patron can belong to more than one
> library).

I am not sure which approach would suit best at this time.

> We started Koha in Postgres and at that time it had issues which made
> searching really slow.  I believe there isn't much MySQL (hopefully not any
> but I can't say that for sure) specific stuff, so it should run on your SQL
> of choice.

I had a quick look through the koha.sql file and there are a few things I'll
need to think about how best to do. But most of it looks pretty straight
forward. But there is always some fly in the ointment......

If I go down this road, you will no doubt hear more from me :-)

Glen and Rosanne Eustace,
GodZone Internet Services, a division of AGRE Enterprises Ltd.,
P.O. Box 8020, Palmerston North, New Zealand 5301
Ph/Fax: +64 6 357 8168, Mob: +64 21 424 015