[Koha] Installation Part II

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Fri Jul 27 06:49:55 NZST 2001

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Robert Rickenbrode II wrote:

> I do have both the subdirectory and Circ2.pm file.  I'm using the
> koha-1.1.1 release from the Sourceforge site.

Wow.  Those files are pretty old.  Those aren't the copies that are in
CVS, are they Chris?  Robert, I'll email you privately again with a new
copy of Circ2.pm and circulation.pl.  Hopefully they'll work better for
you...

> My copy of Search.pm did not have this function. The file you sent me fixed
> the acquisitions problem! (Thanks!)  The interface works, by apache's error
> log is giving me an error, saying that the table koha.systemprefs does not
> exist.
>
> It's not in the koha.mysql script either - is this future functionality?

Sort of.  At the moment, I use it to allow me to use a simplified
acquisitions module that I wrote in place of the standard Koha one.  I
have libraries with no automation whatsoever, so I wanted them to be able
to enter their existing collection without worrying about vendor
information.  The eventual goal is to use something like this to make more
of Koha configurable on a site-by-site basis.

The schema for systempreferences is:

CREATE TABLE systempreferences (
  variable char(50),
  value char(200)
);

It should probably be added to koha.mysql.

Steve.