[Koha] Installation Part II

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Fri Jul 27 09:27:16 NZST 2001

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 11:49:55AM -0700, Tonnesen Steve said:

> On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Robert Rickenbrode II wrote:
>
> > I do have both the subdirectory and Circ2.pm file.  I'm using the
> > koha-1.1.1 release from the Sourceforge site.
>
> Wow.  Those files are pretty old.  Those aren't the copies that are in
> CVS, are they Chris?  Robert, I'll email you privately again with a new
> copy of Circ2.pm and circulation.pl.  Hopefully they'll work better for
> you...

Eeek, maybe the 1.1.1 tarball contains old files. Ill take a look and
hopefully tar up a new one. Im pretty sure I did an export from the cvs
tree, but I guess I mustnt have.

> > My copy of Search.pm did not have this function. The file you sent me fixed
> > the acquisitions problem! (Thanks!)  The interface works, by apache's error
> > log is giving me an error, saying that the table koha.systemprefs does not
> > exist.
> >
> > It's not in the koha.mysql script either - is this future functionality?
>
> Sort of.  At the moment, I use it to allow me to use a simplified
> acquisitions module that I wrote in place of the standard Koha one.  I
> have libraries with no automation whatsoever, so I wanted them to be able
> to enter their existing collection without worrying about vendor
> information.  The eventual goal is to use something like this to make more
> of Koha configurable on a site-by-site basis.
>
> The schema for systempreferences is:
>
> CREATE TABLE systempreferences (
>   variable char(50),
>   value char(200)
> );
>

> It should probably be added to koha.mysql.

It definitely should, keep ur eyes peeled for a fixed 1.1.1 soon.

Chris

025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz