[Koha] Hello from the Museum's Library In Arizona!

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Wed May 23 09:53:45 NZST 2001

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 09:15:24AM -0700, emannering at mail.sd91.bc.ca said:
> What record format is used?--is the data easily transferred to and from
> "commercial" library databases?

Hi All,

The data is stored in a series of mysql tables.
Data is fairly easily transferrable to the system.
If you can get the data out of ur system and into tab separated text you can
get it into Koha. I know some of the list members have written some importers.
Importing from Marc is being worked on as we speak.

I have no immediate plans to work on making koha MARC compliant, but having
MARC importers, and exporters would be cool.

I hope this helps answer your questions.

Chris

025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz