[Koha] Hello from the Museum's Library In Arizona!

emannering at mail.sd91.bc.ca emannering at mail.sd91.bc.ca
Wed May 23 04:15:24 NZST 2001

What record format is used?--is the data easily transferred to and from
"commercial" library databases?

Ernie Mannering
Director, Technology & Information Services
School District No. 91 (Nechako Lakes)
Voice   1.250.567.2284      Fax 1.250.567.4639      Web http://www.sd91.bc.ca

Subject:    Re: [Koha] Hello from the Museum's Library In Arizona!
Author: "Ben Ostrowsky" <ostrowb at tblc.org>
Date:       5/22/2001 5:19 AM

>Wondering though how we get the information from LC into the database to be
>accessed by the software!

I'm not actually using Koha yet, but my understanding is:

The records would typically be typed by hand, although you could probably
write some Perl scripts to import existing records.  If you have MARC
records, you could use MARC.pm to do this.

>Is this MARC  record?

Koha does not currently use the MARC format.

Ben