[Koha] Export page failing to load and related error

David Nind david at davidnind.com
Tue Jul 16 10:58:35 NZST 2024

Hi Evan.

On Tue, 16 Jul 2024 at 07:49, Evan Stewart <evanstewart406 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Thank you for the tips.
>
> I'm using Koha 23.11.06.000. I have a few thousand records in my instance
> with multiple libraries created in the same instance.
>
> The error page appears when I click "export catalog data". It fails before
> getting to the query page.
>
> When I run the command line script, I receive the following error.
>
> *Command:*
> /usr/bin/perl /usr/share/koha/bin/export_records.pl
>
> *Message:*
> Can't locate Koha/Script.pm in @INC (you may need to install the
> Koha::Script module) (@INC contains: /etc/perl
> /usr/local/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.32.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.32.1
> /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl5/5.32 /usr/share/perl5
> /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl-base /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.32
> /usr/share/perl/5.32 /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at /usr/share/koha/bin/
> export_records.pl line 25.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/bin/export_records.pl
> line 25.
>
> *Odd thing: *I see that Koha/Script.pm is located at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Script.pm
>

> Any advice?
>
> -Evan

I've never run Koha in a production environment, but I think this is
something to with the environment variables.

Were you logged in to your server as root?

I think you need to use sudo koha-shell yourinstancename (then Koha will
have the right settings for your instance of Koha).

This should work with package installs, but if Koha was installed a
different way then I'm not sure.

Hopefully, others can comment further on how this should be done correctly,
and the location of the files (as I don't know).

(I've included your reply to me and sent to the mailing list - for some
reason the default with the general mailing list is to reply to the sender
and not reply all.)

David Nind
New Zealand