[Koha] Fwd: Dead Koha Resuscitation

Hector Gonzalez Jaime cacho at genac.org
Wed May 17 07:31:28 NZST 2023

On 5/16/23 10:51, Bruce A. Metcalf wrote:
> On 5/15/23 16:41, Galen Charlton wrote:
>
>>> 3. Can I install a new instance in the same virtual machine and
>>> transfer the settings and data?
>>
>> Almost everything worth permanently keeping in a typical Koha system
>> is stored in the database. Is MySQL/MariaDB running and can you get a
>>  mysqldump?
>

> I'm not sure. How can one tell? There is a MySQL instance running, but
> I suspect that may be for one of the other servers. There is no
> MariaDB running, which I recall having switched to some time back.
>
> Can I buy a clue about how to run mysqldump?

MariaDB's process name is mysql, it doesn't matter much which you are using.

you can make a backup wich mysqldump like this:

mysqldump -u root -p --all-databases > backup.sql

you should run this command from a directory with enough space to hold a
backup of your database.

you can reinstall koha-common by issuing this command:

sudo apt-get install --reinstall koha-common

it should pull any missing dependencies.

Have you tried to backup your koha instance with "koha_dump" ? if your
library instance is called "thisone", use:  sudo koha_dump thisone

it should put the backup on /var/spool/koha/thisone/

This process creates a mysqldump backup of just your database, and
copies the rest of your koha files to a tar file.  Those files can be
used with koha_restore but if they can be made, your koha should be good
enough for you to repair it.