[Koha] Fwd: Dead Koha Resuscitation

Bruce A. Metcalf library at augustansociety.org
Wed May 17 04:51:25 NZST 2023

On 5/15/23 16:41, Galen Charlton wrote:

>> 3. Can I install a new instance in the same virtual machine and
>> transfer the settings and data?
>
> Almost everything worth permanently keeping in a typical Koha system
> is stored in the database. Is MySQL/MariaDB running and can you get a
>  mysqldump?

I'm not sure. How can one tell? There is a MySQL instance running, but I
suspect that may be for one of the other servers. There is no MariaDB
running, which I recall having switched to some time back.

Can I buy a clue about how to run mysqldump?

> If not, are there at least database files present in /var/lib/mysql?

If /var/lib/mysql/ibdata1 is the right file, then yes. It's almost a GB
in size, which seems reasonable for the library's data.

> A current copy of the database could be imported into a fresh install
> of Koha (either in a new VM or after a wipe and recreation of the
> existing one - though if you do a wipe, triple-check that your
> database export is good!).

Right. Tried to delete Koha and reinstall, but there was no change in
the resultant. Wiping the whole VM is impractical due to the other
servers on it, though that may prove necessary.

I continue to suspect that the problem lies with the upgrades from
Debian 9 to 10 and Koha 21.05 to 21.11. Something didn't upgrade
correctly, or there's a hidden incompatibility, that's stopping work.

Thanks for the ideas.

Respectfully,
/ Bruce /
Bruce A. Metcalf, Librarian