[Koha] Fwd: Dead Koha Resuscitation

Bruce A. Metcalf library at augustansociety.org
Wed May 17 05:54:43 NZST 2023

On 5/16/23 12:31, David Liddle wrote:

> What are the results of the following commands? Clearly
> your installation is incomplete.
>
> dpkg -l koha-common

root at store:/var/lib/mysql# dpkg -l koha-common

Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-===============================================
ii  koha-common    21.11.19-1   all          integrated (physical)
library management system

> dpkg -s koha-common

root at store:/var/lib/mysql# dpkg -s koha-common
Package: koha-common
Section: web
Installed-Size: 574598
Maintainer: Mason James <mtj at kohaaloha.com>
Architecture: all
Source: koha
Version: 21.11.19-1
Depends: ... [many lines deleted]

> They are similar, in that the first is a summary and the second is
> more detailed. For example, one of my systems shows the following with
> the first:
>
> ~# dpkg -l koha-common
> | Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
> |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
> +++-==============-============-============-===============================================
> hi  koha-common    22.05.12-1   all          integrated (physical)
> library management system

Which is a pretty fair match.

Not at all sure what the latter is supposed to show me. (Full dump on
request.)

> And the same system shows this with apt:
>
> ~# apt policy koha-common
> koha-common:
>    Installed: 22.05.12-1
>    Candidate: 22.05.12-1
>    Version table:
>   *** 22.05.12-1 500
>          500 http://debian.koha-community.org/koha 22.05/main amd64 Packages
>          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

root at store:/var/lib/mysql# apt policy koha-common
koha-common:
   Installed: 21.11.19-1
   Candidate: 21.11.19-1
   Version table:
  *** 21.11.19-1 500
         500 http://debian.koha-community.org/koha oldoldstable/main
i386 Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Again, pretty much a match.

So if these responses are good, where is my problem lurking?

> In case you need the commands for grabbing your database:
>
> ~# mysql -uroot -p
>> show databases;

Mine shows:

root at store:/var/lib/mysql# mysql -uroot -p
Enter password:
Welcome to the MariaDB monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MariaDB connection id is 18971
Server version: 10.3.38-MariaDB-0+deb10u1 Debian 10

> (take note of KOHA_DB in the table)

No table there to take note of.

> ~# mysqldump --databases KOHA_DB > koha_db_dump.sql

This command gives me "access denied" for both root and myself.

> If your other configuration files – most of which are in /etc/koha/
> and /var/lib/koha/ – are missing, you may be able to copy them from
> within the full-drive backup.

Buncha stuff in both directories. Not sure if they're complete or not.

> Some formats are easier to mount and
> browse than others. What do you use?

I use the automatic backup run by my virtual machine service. It
restores just fine, but don't know if it can do file-by-file restores.

Thanks for your continuing efforts, glad to test and post other items.

Respectfully,
/ Bruce /
Bruce A. Metcalf, Librarian
The Augustan Library