[Koha] Fwd: Dead Koha Resuscitation

David Liddle david at liddles.net
Wed May 17 04:31:06 NZST 2023

Hello again, Bruce, I had some more thoughts today about your
situation. What are the results of the following commands? Clearly
your installation is incomplete.

dpkg -l koha-common
dpkg -s koha-common

They are similar, in that the first is a summary and the second is
more detailed. For example, one of my systems shows the following with
the first:

~# dpkg -l koha-common
||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-===============================================
hi  koha-common    22.05.12-1   all          integrated (physical)
library management system

And the same system shows this with apt:

~# apt policy koha-common
koha-common:
  Installed: 22.05.12-1
  Candidate: 22.05.12-1
  Version table:
 *** 22.05.12-1 500
        500 http://debian.koha-community.org/koha 22.05/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

In case you need the commands for grabbing your database:

~# mysql -uroot -p
> show databases;
(take note of KOHA_DB in the table)
> quit
~# mysqldump --databases KOHA_DB > koha_db_dump.sql

If your other configuration files – most of which are in /etc/koha/
and /var/lib/koha/ – are missing, you may be able to copy them from
within the full-drive backup. Some formats are easier to mount and
browse than others. What do you use?