[Koha] Fwd: Dead Koha Resuscitation

Bruce A. Metcalf library at augustansociety.org
Wed May 17 04:40:26 NZST 2023

On 5/15/23 16:35, David Liddle wrote:

> Bruce, it’s an intriguing problem.... But I do have some more
> questions:
>
> - What other services are running on that server? Are they all still
> working correctly?

There is another Apache server and a MediaWiki server (which may also
run under Apache). Both are working as before with no problems or
noticeable slowdowns.

> - What clues are there in the logs in /var/log/?

The only logs with any entries are access logs which show that the
Chinese and Eastern Europeans are trying to hack the system. I don't
think those are relevant.

What may be relevant is that TOP does not show that Koha is running,
though this could be just that the command isn't obvious.

> - Is the apt installer working generally, or do you perhaps have a
> broken Debian installation? Can you update or install other packages
> successfully?

The apt installer appears to be working, but it is not updating Koha
apps, and there have been several updates since this began. The
repository link appears to be correct; I'm (trying to run) on
"oldoldstable".

> - Can you access the database server to do a manual dump of the Koha
>  database?

Not using any Koha tools or commands. I might be able to do so manually,
but am clueless about how to do so.

Thanks for your continuing efforts.

Respectfully,
/ Bruce /