[Koha] Fwd: Dead Koha Resuscitation

David Liddle david at liddles.net
Wed May 17 07:10:10 NZST 2023

Bruce, here are some more suggestions:

1. When it comes to the logs, perhaps a command such as these (and
similar) will reveal when and how something went wrong:
     grep -inr --include \*.log 'koha-common' /var/log/
     zgrep -in 'koha-common' /var/log/dpkg.log*
2. You should double-check that your installation source file is
correct, as covered by
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Debian#Set_up_package_sources.
For example, mine shows after the following command:
     ~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list
     deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/koha-keyring.gpg]
https://debian.koha-community.org/koha 22.05 main
3. If APT seems to be working, then you could install 'debsums' (apt
install debsums) and see what it reveals with this command:
     debsums --all --silent
     dpkg --verify koha-common
     dpkg --audit koha-common
Those are going to look for errors in packages and list the
configuration files that have been altered from their default. It
listed nicely the files that I already knew I changed for both Koha
and Apache.
4. You may want to try the following commands, too:
     apt --fix-broken install
     apt --fix-missing install
5. If the Koha installation is incomplete, despite what the system
seems to report, then you may want to use 'dpkg' to remove
'koha-common' and then reinstall with 'apt' according to the
instructions.
     dpkg --remove koha-common
6. When it comes to listing the databases, here's what you might expect to see:

~# mysql -uroot -p
Enter password:
Welcome to the MariaDB monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MariaDB connection id is 348
Server version: 10.5.19-MariaDB-0+deb11u2 Debian 11

Copyright (c) 2000, 2018, Oracle, MariaDB Corporation Ab and others.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

MariaDB [(none)]> show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| koha_library       |
| mysql              |
| performance_schema |
4 rows in set (0.000 sec)

MariaDB [(none)]> quit
Bye

Since our instance is named 'library', you can see that our database
is named 'koha_library'. It is customary for the instance creation
process to use the 'koha_' prefix for the database name. Does yours
show something similar?