[Koha] "Use Restrictions" option on Item Level

Eric Phetteplace ephetteplace at cca.edu
Wed Jun 8 04:27:38 NZST 2022

Hi Naveen,

You might want to try a "not for loan" value instead. I don't think use
restrictions are meant to entirely prohibit circulation, only specify
conditions upon circulation (we're using them in this way, at least).

Also, consider that there's a "damaged" item field, too; while you can't
stop all damaged items from circulating (I don't think), you could use
OpacHiddenItems
<https://koha-community.org/manual/21.05/en/html/opacpreferences.html#opachiddenitems>
to hide them from the public catalog so patrons cannot find them.

Best,

ERIC PHETTEPLACE Systems Librarian, Libraries (he/him)

ephetteplace at cca.edu | o 510.594.3660 (cca)

5212 Broadway | Oakland, CA | 94618

CCA is situated on the traditional unceded lands of the Ohlone peoples.

Black-owned bookstores in Oakland: Ashay by the Bay
<https://ashaybythebay.com/>, Marcus Books
<https://www.facebook.com/marcus.books/>