[Koha] General question on borrower_debarments

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Mon Jan 24 04:40:21 NZDT 2022

Hi Anke,

SUSPENSION is used when you use the 'fine days' feature in the
circulation rules. Instead of a fine the patron will be debarred for a
certain amount of time depending on how long their items have been
overdue on checkin.

OVERDUES is used for debarring patrons when sending an overdue notices
using the checkbox on the overdue notice triggers configuration.

DISCHARGE is used when a patron asks for a discharge and the library
agrees with it. (see UseDischarge system preference)

MANUAL is used for the ones you can enter from the GUI (as you already
figured).

At the moment it's not possible to configure how a debarment works in
terms of what it blocks the patron from doing or to add new ones. I
think it would be a nice addition to have more granular configuration
options.

Hope this helps,

Katrin