[Koha] C4::Heading::MARC21

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Tue Feb 22 12:36:41 NZDT 2022

Hi domm,

This is more of a "koha-devel" than a "koha" listserv question, so you might not see as many responses here either.

Regarding that module, there is a comment that says  "FIXME - this should be moved to a configuration file", but really it should be based dynamically on the database data, since it's possible for staff interface users to create new authority types and to assign authority types to arbitrary bibliographic fields via the MARC Bibliographic Frameworks. (For performance, the mapping would need to be cached in Memcached.)

That said, I don't have any sponsorship to do that work, so typically I just patch things locally.

In this case, you could probably submit a patch to upstream. You might struggle to find someone willing to test it, but feel free to CC me to the Bugzilla report, and I'd take a look if you provide a clear test plan. I've spent a lot of time looking at C4::Heading::MARC21, so I feel your pain haha.

David Cook
Senior Software Engineer
Prosentient Systems
Suite 7.03