[Koha] warning defined in funds to be alerted when ordering

BOUIS Sonia sonia.bouis at univ-lyon3.fr
Tue Oct 5 04:15:51 NZDT 2021

Hello,
I’m wondering about the way the warning amount defined in funds should work.
In the documentation, it is written « Warning at (%) or Warning at (amount) can be filled in to make Koha warn you before you spend a certain percentage or amount of your budget. This will prevent you from overspending. »

So, I thought that the alert should be active when you ordered something and total available fund amount minus the amount ordered leaves you an amount less than the warning amount.

But, in fact, when ordering, there is the alert when you order an item that is more expensive than the warning amount.

For example, for a fund where the total available is 2,345.30, when I tried to order an item that costs 150, I had this alert : «
Warning! You will exceed maximum limit (100.00 €) for your fund. Do you want to confirm this order? »

What is the real logic of warning amount ?

Thanks,
Cheers

Sonia BOUIS
Responsable du Service informatique documentaire
Département d'Appui à la Recherche et aux Projets (DARP)
Bibliothèques universitaires
Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3
ADRESSE GÉOGRAPHIQUE > Manufacture des Tabacs | 6 cours Albert Thomas | LYON 8e
ADRESSE POSTALE > Bibliothèque de la Manufacture | 1C avenue des Frères Lumière | CS 78242 - 69372 LYON CEDEX 08

Ligne directe : 33 (0)4 78 78 79 03

http://bu.univ-lyon3.fr<http://bu.univ-lyon3.fr/>| Suivez-nous > Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/bulyon3/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/bulyon3>| Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/bu.lyon3/?hl=fr>