[Koha] Bulkmarcimport'ing lots of records

Magnus Enger magnus at libriotech.no
Tue Oct 5 20:23:31 NZDT 2021

Kia ora!

I am about to migrate my biggest library yet to Koha - on the order of
500k records and 1.2m items. Running bulkmarcimport.pl on all of that
takes some time - about 15 hours on the first run, and it will take
longer when data needs to be deleted first.

So I am wondering if there is any way to speed this up? Would it for
example be possible to split the file of MARCXML to be imported into two
(or more) and run more than one instances of bulkmarcimport.pl in
paralell? Or would table locking etc make it take as long as just
running one process?

Any tips and tricks would be most welcome! (I'll document them on the wiki.)

Best regards,
Magnus
Libriotech