[Koha] Installation 500 error

Jeremiah Henderson jhenderson at nsd.org
Thu Jul 1 17:47:15 NZST 2021

Good evening,

I am attempting to install Koha and each time I get to the web installer step, I encounter the 500 error every time. I do not get to the initial installer login page. I am not sure where I messed up. Here is what I know.

  *   I  am using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on Digital Ocean.
  *   It is a blank ubuntu server configuration.
  *   I followed all the steps listed, in order, on the Koha wiki and no errors except the one below were listed in the terminal during each step
     *   I am using an IP-based installation.
  *   I tried looking at the Koha error logs but they were of no help.

The only other I was getting was the AH00558: apache2 FQDN error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremiah Henderson, M.Ed.