[Koha] KOHA link bibs to authorities question/follow up

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Thu Jul 1 18:49:20 NZST 2021

Hi David

You wrote:

 > Thank you for your quick reply.  I looked up the page you referred to,
 > and also found the command .... just where it was supposed to be, but
 > when I tried to run it, this is what happened:
 >
 >   /usr/share/koha/bin*$ link_bibs_to_authorities.pl
 > -bash: link_bibs_to_authorities.pl > *command not found*
 >
 > As you can tell I am no linux expert ... so I'm not sure what to do
 > next to get this to work.
 >
 > Thank you for any help you can give,

Please always anser to the mailinglist!

You first need to set the correct environment.

# INSTANCE=yourinstance
# export KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/${INSTANCE}/koha-conf.xml
# export PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib

Then as Linux user "root" run

# /usr/share/koha/bin/link_bibs_to_authorities.pl

or

# cd /usr/share/koha/bin
# ./link_bibs_to_authorities.pl

However I also recommend you look into the options.

# /usr/share/koha/bin/link_bibs_to_authorities.pl --help

After a successful test I usually use these options:

# /usr/share/koha/bin/link_bibs_to_authorities.pl -l -v --commit=1000

Hope this helps.

Best wishes: Michael