[Koha] Migrating Koha Servers

Aswin Unnikrishnan aswinunni01 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 03:01:12 NZDT 2021

Hi Charles,

Im also fairly new to koha so ill try to answer to the extent of my
knowledge.
1. You can find all the details about your database if you check towards
the end of the koha-conf.xml file that will be present at
/etc/koha/sites/KOHA_INSTANCE/koha-conf.xml , where KOHA_INSTANCE is your
koha instance name. details will be under <config> tag.
2. It doesn't matter if the database is mysql or mariadB. both are the same
and you can use the same commands for both.
3. No . "koha_library" is used as an example. In most cases, you have to
change "library" with your instance name. so if your instance name is
"ASDLIB" it should be koha_ASDLIB
4,5. I'm not exactly sure about Elastic search, but  ElasticSearch and
Zebra are 2 search engines that can be used with koha. ElasticSearch is
fairly newer if I'm right, and still not incorporated into all parts of
koha, and zebra is the default search engine that koha uses. So you need
either ElasticSearch or Zebra, if you want to search for a book in your
OPAC and get the results.

Thanks