[Koha] Migrating Koha Servers

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 00:33:50 NZDT 2021

My library is migrating its Koha database to a new server. I have found
instructions on both YouTube and static sources. But the instructions are
not perfectly clear to me and I have a few questions.

(1) How do you find out the password to MySQL?

(2) Does it matter whether you are running MySQL or MariaDB?

(3) Is "koha_library" a fixed phrase? Or is it the name of the Koha
instance you are migrating, e.g., if your library is named ASDLIB, do you
use "koha_library" or "ASDLIB"?

(4) If you are running ElasticSearch, are there complications and if so,
what are they and their solutions?

(5) How does Zebra factor into all this?

I'm trying to avoid

* reentering frameworks;

* downloading MRC files of the authority records and bibliographic records
and uploading them into the new server because of suspected linkage
problems between the authority records and $9 subfields in the
bibliographic records;

* reentering system preferences;
* reentering patron information; and so forth.

Thank you very much.

--

    気を付けて。 /ki wo tukete/ = Take care.

    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
    Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
    〒242-0002 JAPAN

    +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.