[Koha] Need help with a couple of errors

Alvaro Cornejo cornejo.alvaro at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 15:42:51 NZDT 2021

Hi Doug

Those kinds of errors usually are  "safe" to ignore.They usually come from
a function that is expecting a value in a variable/parameter, but there is
no value. For example, a function that passes barcode as reference or to a
next process but the item you are working with does not have a barcode
defined.

Sometimes those are minor bugs that, due to a variable/parameter not
"cleaned/evaluated"  correctly before using it, gives those kinds of
errors. In the example above, function shall check if barcode is defined
before trying to use it somewhere after. If you have checked the last
version 20 update notice, there are several similar errors where an
operation is tried to perform on an empty value.
https://koha-community.org/koha-20-11-03-released/ in  other bugs ->
circulation

In any case, it is a good idea to check what you are doing when
that happens to try to pinpoint the problem.

Regards,

Alvaro

 Stay safe / Cuídate/  Reste sécurisé
*7* Switch off as you go / Apaga lo que no usas /  Débranchez au fur et à
mesure.
 *q *Recycle always / Recicla siempre / Recyclez toujours
 P Print only if absolutely necessary / Imprime solo si es necesario /
Imprimez seulement si nécessaire