[Koha] weird report behaviour or just bad SQL?

Carlos Lopez clopez at dml.vic.edu.au
Mon Apr 19 18:44:13 NZST 2021

Hi folks

I have a report that lists items with a location of "DISPLAY":

SELECT itemnumber, barcode, ccode, itemcallnumber, datelastseen
FROM items
WHERE location = "DISPLAY"
ORDER BY ccode, itemcallnumber

At the moment it brings up 18 items.

itemnumber
barcode
ccode
itemcallnumber
datelastseen
270404
33865001661351
BP47 P659 H461
2021-04-07
270195
33865001666699
DK39 (34) P265
2021-03-11
269921
33865001662516
DL38 S617
2021-03-22
270241
33865001667093
KH48 F1 XL21
2021-03-12
270374
33865001661237
MM22 F778
2021-03-29
270371
33865001661112
MW61.64 S951
2021-03-29
270104
33865001662771
MW68 D976 A
2021-03-02
270293
National Catholic reporter
2021-03-15
270181
33865001665170
RC66 C559
2021-04-07
267602
33865001664009
RK56 E928
2021-03-30
270281
33865001666749
SA6 P984
2021-03-12
270432
33865001665212
SD80.91 K49
2021-04-14
270283
33865001666806
SM31 M191
2021-03-15
270426
33865001667325
WD78 H582
2021-04-09
270071
33865001662987
WW10 W456
2021-04-13
270225
33865001667101
XY28 H973
2021-03-15
270397
33865001667390
XY28 T814
2021-04-01
237930
33865001656583
JESUIT
TE G573
2021-03-04

If I modify it to only bring up items with itemcallnumber beginning with A to M

SELECT itemnumber, barcode, ccode, itemcallnumber, datelastseen
FROM items
WHERE location = "DISPLAY"
AND itemcallnumber LIKE "[A-M]%"
ORDER BY ccode, itemcallnumber

I expect to get the top 7 results from the list above, but instead I get zero results.

Is it that the Reports area on Koha restricts normal SQL functionality, or am I doing something wrong?

With kind regards from the Dalton McCaughey Library Team

Carlos Lopez

Dalton McCaughey Library | 29 College Crescent, Parkville, VICTORIA 3052
Ph: 03 9340 8888 ext.1 | library at dml.vic.edu.au<mailto:library at dml.vic.edu.au> | library.dmlibrary.org.au