[Koha] weird report behaviour or just bad SQL?

Andreas Roussos a.roussos at dataly.gr
Mon Apr 19 19:23:25 NZST 2021

Hi Carlos,

I think that to match on character ranges you'll have to use RLIKE,
which is the regex-capable counterpart of the LIKE function.

Something like the following should work:

SELECT itemnumber, barcode, ccode, itemcallnumber, datelastseen
FROM items
WHERE location = "DISPLAY"
AND itemcallnumber RLIKE "^[A-M]"
ORDER BY ccode, itemcallnumber

A drawback of this approach is that it will also match items with call
numbers beginning with lowercase A to M.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Andreas