[Koha] Batch record modification of Biblio items such as 650 subject tag!

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 20:37:16 NZST 2021

Hi,

What you are trying to achieve can't be done by the way you are approaching
the problem.

However, all is not lost.

OPTION A: If you haven't done any circ transactions so far, easiest way
would be reverse the marc import. Update your marc file with the subject
headings using MarcEdit and importing the new file into Koha.

OPTION B: If you have circ txns in Koha, then export the bibs from Koha as
a marc file taking care that the records have the marc field 999$c
(KohaBiblio). Update the file using MarcEdit adding in the missing 650s.
The import the updated file back into Koha with the following caveat - you
will have to match on 999$c and replace existing record with incoming
record.

NOTE: before you try anything, remember to take a full db backup first in
case things go sideways and you need to get back to whatever was there
before.

Hope this helps
Indranil Das Gupta
L2C2 Technologies