[Koha] PC Reservations interaction with Koha

Vicky Stever vstever at myokaloosa.com
Wed Apr 7 09:17:22 NZST 2021

Hello, everyone:
First time to post. We just signed a contract for Koha hosting and support and will be migrating mid-September. Currently we are on Sirsi Symphony and use Envisionware's PC Reservations for public computer access control. Does anyone here use PC Reservations with Koha? I would like to know if PC Res can use the patron attribute Internet setting to allow/block access to our public computer lab. Currently we have separate user profiles (what Koha calls categories) for people with Internet permissions and for those who do not. Would love to streamline to fewer types of patrons by using attributes.

What else do you use them to control or are they simply an informational field for statistical reports?

Thank you.

Vicky Stever
Coordinator, Okaloosa County Public Library Cooperative
206 Partin Dr. N.
Niceville, FL 32578
(850) 609-5102
(850) 357-2395 mobile
https://ReadOkaloosa.org<https://readokaloosa.org/>

Empowering community through education, creation and exploration.

Please note: Due to Florida's very broad public records laws, most written communications to or from County employees regarding County business are public records, available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, this written e-mail communication, including your e-mail address, may be subject to public disclosure.