[Koha] Installing ElasticSearch

Nicolas Legrand nicolas.legrand at bulac.fr
Tue Sep 15 02:25:10 NZST 2020

Hiya Luis,

Le lun. 14 sept. 2020 à 16:00, Luis Moises Rojas <lmoisesrojas at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Hello Nicolas,
>
> As we said to Charlies, stay with zebra for a while

Why not. But he seems to have difficulties with CJK and other non latin
scripts. My experience with Zebra is that it is quite hard to handle all
scripts and to match similar glyphs, whereas it's very easy with ES. But I
may have missed some points.

> But, here you have:
>
> 0. Remember ElasticSearch use port 9200 and kibana: 5201
>
> 1.  if you like, first create a folder (ELK) and two subfolders (one for
> elasticsearch and one for kibana)
> 2. Download both (https://www.elastic.co/downloads/)
> 3. On each file click and use: Extract to here
> 4.  If you wish rename the ES and Kibana and placed them in the ELK
> 5.  To start ES and KIBANA
>       yourpath_for_ES/bin/ ./elasticsearch
>       yourpath_for_Kibana/bin/ ./kibana
>
> 6. Remember: you have to change in the administration (Koha) to use:
> ElasticSearch.
>
> 7.  One problem: we still have problems when we try to use some search.

Maybe I'm an old UNIX person :D, but I understand the wiki doc better. If I
had to install ES directly, I would also prefer to use the ES debian
repositories: like this (as it is also with the koha repos) the start
scripts are handled by systemd and started with the machine, and not
manually.

Anyway, I hope Charles will find an option that suits him, whatever it is
:).

Best regards,

--
Nicolas