[Koha] Installing ElasticSearch

Luis Moises Rojas lmoisesrojas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 02:00:10 NZST 2020

Hello Nicolas,

As we said to Charlies, stay with zebra for a while

But, here you have:

0. Remember ElasticSearch use port 9200 and kibana: 5201

1.  if you like, first create a folder (ELK) and two subfolders (one for
elasticsearch and one for kibana)
2. Download both (https://www.elastic.co/downloads/)
3. On each file click and use: Extract to here
4.  If you wish rename the ES and Kibana and placed them in the ELK
5.  To start ES and KIBANA
      yourpath_for_ES/bin/ ./elasticsearch
      yourpath_for_Kibana/bin/ ./kibana

6. Remember: you have to change in the administration (Koha) to use:
ElasticSearch.

7.  One problem: we still have problems when we try to use some search.

Libre
de virus. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

El lun., 14 de sep. de 2020 a la(s) 09:48, Nicolas Legrand (
nicolas.legrand at bulac.fr) escribió:

> Le lun. 14 sept. 2020 à 07:51, Charles Kelley <cmkelleymls at gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
> > My library is trying to replace the Zebra search engine with
> ElasticSearch.
> > The instructions on the Koha Community website are incomplete or
> outdated.
> > Can anyone suggest how to install ElasticSearch?
>

> I think this section is the right one if your using debian packages :
>
> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Debian#Elasticsearch
>
> If ES is installed on a different server, you'll have to update the
> <server> entry in the <elasticsearch> section of koha-conf.xml.
>
> がんばって! Good luck!

*Luis Moisés Rojas P.*