[Koha] Advice for hardware/technical requirements for cloud implementation

Bales (US), Tasha R tasha.r.bales at boeing.com
Sat Dec 12 06:27:14 NZDT 2020

Good morning,

I'd like to ask for suggestions about hardware recommendations for installing Koha.  We have about 1.5 million bibliographic records.  Perhaps the reason we're not seeing a lot of info is just that Koha/MySQL/Zebra is relatively lightweight?  I've done some Googling and quite a bit of inspection of the Wiki and documentation, but haven't found anything specific.  I'm an applications admin and don't deal with installing and provisioning servers, so pardon my ignorance.  I'm anticipating questions from IT-we anticipate hosting in our own cloud, on Ubuntu-and want to be prepared.  We don't plan on uploading files to any bib records, if that's relevant.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom,

Tasha R. Bales