[Koha] Advice for hardware/technical requirements for cloud implementation

Chris Brown chris at stayawake.co.uk
Sat Dec 12 21:10:43 NZDT 2020

Hi Tasha,

Well for what it's worth ... we host Koha "in the cloud" on a Droplet from
Digital Ocean with 4 VCPUs, 8Gb of memory and a 20Gb disk.This system is
supporting 5 libraries (i.e. 5 separate databases) though I suspect the
total number of records is much less than you have (probably more like
50,000). This machine is costing us 40USD per month. Until recently we were
running with only 4Gb of memory (at half the price) but after
enabling plack on all the instances the memory load went up and we decided
to upgrade to 8Gb. The machine also supports a web server, though the load
from that is tiny.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Chris Brown