[Koha] Add 4 days to <<reserves.waitingdate>>

Barbara Johnson Barbara.Johnson at bedfordtx.gov
Tue Dec 8 07:21:05 NZDT 2020

Hi Christopher,

We faced this same issue because all returns go through the automated sorter and we’re quarantining for 72 hours. We also wanted to be able to delay sending notices but since that wasn’t possible we came up with a workaround. We’re a single site library so our solution might not work for you.

We set up our Pickup Window as another branch that just happens to be inside the same library. When patrons place holds via the OPAC they can only select the Window location. Everything returned through our sorter uses our BPL location. This generates a transit for holds. No notice is sent to the patron because the item hasn’t reached its destination. Items then go into 72 hour quarantine. When the quarantine is over we check the items in again manually through Koha using the Window location (or using an RFID pad set to the Window location). We confirm the hold and the notice gets sent to the patron.

Best regards,
Barbara

--
Barbara Johnson