[Koha] Storage of Perl Scripts [Was: Orphaned Authority Records: Finding Them and Deleting Them]

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 10:16:36 NZST 2020

Hello, Alvaro et al!

    In our latest exchange, on 6 Aug. 2020, at 3:30 AM, you wrote:

for the locate/updatdb commands, you can install it with

> # sudo apt-get install locate.
>
> You need to first run sudo updatedb before the sudo locate so your file
> index is updated before your search
>
> About the error, have you accessed your koha user shell before running it?
>
> Else you can try
>
> # perl ./remove_unused_authories.pl

    Yes, I finally got everything to work. I had to use

# apt-get install sudo

when I installed Stretch because sudo is missing from the installation
package.* I just couldn't remember the installation command line. It also
doesn't help matters that the wi-fi signal is unsteady at times.

    You live by technology, you die by technology, I suppose.

    In any event, after I installed locate, everything worked.

    Now, if there were a way to automate merging duplicate authority
records together, e.g., 651  \0‡aChina‡vMaps strewn over multiple records
into one authority record, that would be great.

    Thanks for your help.

Footnote
* Don't ask me why sudo is missing from Stretch, but there is widespread
flabbergast over its loss since sudo is such a basic and useful command.
sudo is reinstated in Buster, however.

--

    気を付けて。 /ki wo tukete/ = Take care.

    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
    Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
    〒242-0002 JAPAN

    +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.