[Koha] Restricting access to files attached to bibliographic records

Eric Phetteplace ephetteplace at cca.edu
Fri Oct 25 05:55:24 NZDT 2019

Hi Myka,

We do something similar using the Restricted Page in Koha; since it's only
visible when you're signed in, we have links to URLs we don't want to share
listed in it and then reference the page itself in the records for the
attached resources. This is similar to what you've done except your
students are authenticating via the LMS and not Koha. It's worth noting
that the access limitation is still kind of illusory; users can share the
URL and there is no guarantee people from outside your institution won't
access it. We put sensitive things in our Google Drive where we can set it
to "only CCA can view" but there is no native way to accomplish this in
Koha that I know of.

Best,

ERIC PHETTEPLACE Systems Librarian (he/him)

ephetteplace at cca.edu | o 510.594.3660

5212 Broadway | Oakland, CA | 94618