[Koha] Invalid username/password with web installer - original installation

Matthew Sampson matthew.b.sampson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 10:56:24 NZST 2019

Hi all,

I'm planning to use Koha 19.05 to set up a library management system for a
small library collection, as an independent project to make searching for
resources easier for the small group of users.

On a computer running Ubuntu I've followed the basic instructions to
download Koha and the supporting software such as Apache2 and Perl. All
this seems to have gone well.

When I get to the Koha 19.05 web installer on Firefox I'm not getting
anywhere with the username and password. I've tried *koha_kohadev* and
*password* based on the Koha Manual 19.05 documentation, plus
*koha_<libraryname>
*and the password retrieved through the terminal command *sudo xmlstarlet
sel -t -v 'yazgfs/config/pass' /etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml;echo*,
as according to Open School Solutions' installation guide.

Whatever I do I seem to come up with this message above the web
installer: *Error:
Invalid username or password*

In my research I've learned that Koha 19.05 doesn't permit logging in with
the database user and creating a superlibrarian patron is recommended. I've
attempted to follow the steps at
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2018-May/050688.html but am getting
a series of DBI connect failures in the terminal. I don't have library
codes or category codes set up (haven't cracked the web installer yet) so
maybe this has something to do with it?

>From the kohageek blog (
http://kohageek.blogspot.com/2018/07/create-super-librarian-by-command-line.html)
I get a different response after loading the environmental variables and
attempting to create the superlibrarian: *Can't locate Koha/Script.pm in
@INC (you may need to install the Koha::Script module)* and then an
explanation of what @INC contains.

Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Matthew Sampson