[Koha] Invalid username/password with web installer - original installation

Karam Qubsi karamqubsi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 15:12:56 NZST 2019

Hello Matthew,

What installation instructions have you followed? is it the package based
installation method here :
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages .

By the way, if web installer never happened you cannot create admin user
using the methods in the link you provided, as the db structure was not
created yet.

So you have to focus on getting mysql username/password first :

sudo xmlstarlet sel -t -v 'yazgfs/config/pass'
/etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml;echo

NOTE THAT library in that command is the instance name and so you should
change it to your instance name.  you mentioned in your message that you
tried user (koha_kohadev ) so it look like your instance name is kohadev so
that command should be like this :

sudo xmlstarlet sel -t -v 'yazgfs/config/pass' /etc/koha/sites/kohadev
/koha-conf.xml;echo

This should output the password for mysql for your instance. and the usrer
is koha_kohadev

if you are not sure what was the instance name you can figure that out by
running : sudo koha-list

I hope that helps,

Best regards.
Karam.

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 6:57 AM Matthew Sampson <matthew.b.sampson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm planning to use Koha 19.05 to set up a library management system for a
> small library collection, as an independent project to make searching for
> resources easier for the small group of users.
>
> On a computer running Ubuntu I've followed the basic instructions to
> download Koha and the supporting software such as Apache2 and Perl. All
> this seems to have gone well.
>
> When I get to the Koha 19.05 web installer on Firefox I'm not getting
> anywhere with the username and password. I've tried *koha_kohadev* and
> *password* based on the Koha Manual 19.05 documentation, plus
> *koha_<libraryname>
> *and the password retrieved through the terminal command *sudo xmlstarlet
> sel -t -v 'yazgfs/config/pass' /etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml;echo*,
> as according to Open School Solutions' installation guide.
>
> Whatever I do I seem to come up with this message above the web
> installer: *Error:
> Invalid username or password*
>
> In my research I've learned that Koha 19.05 doesn't permit logging in with
> the database user and creating a superlibrarian patron is recommended. I've
> attempted to follow the steps at
> https://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2018-May/050688.html but am getting
> a series of DBI connect failures in the terminal. I don't have library
> codes or category codes set up (haven't cracked the web installer yet) so
> maybe this has something to do with it?
>
> From the kohageek blog (
>
> http://kohageek.blogspot.com/2018/07/create-super-librarian-by-command-line.html
> )
> I get a different response after loading the environmental variables and
> attempting to create the superlibrarian: *Can't locate Koha/Script.pm in
> @INC (you may need to install the Koha::Script module)* and then an
> explanation of what @INC contains.
>
> Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matthew Sampson

*Karam Qubsi*