[Koha] Subject Wise Report

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Thu Apr 18 21:18:29 NZST 2019

Hi Rizwan

ExtractValue(biblioitems.marcxml,'//datafield[@tag="650"]/subfield[@code>="a"]'))
 >>    AS Subject
 >> FROM items
 >>    LEFT JOIN biblioitems ON
(items.biblioitemnumber=biblioitems.biblioitemnumber)
 >>    LEFT JOIN biblio ON (biblioitems.biblionumber=biblio.biblionumber)
 >> WHERE items.dateaccessioned BETWEEN <<Between (yyyy-mm-dd)|date>>
AND <<and (yyyy-mm-dd)|date>>) AS t
 >> WHERE  Subject LIKE concat('%',<<Subject>>,'%')
 >> ORDER BY dateaccessioned DESC

You wrote you need "a query in which all fields from items, biblio,
bilioitems tables are required to be shown". You can achieve this with a
query as follows (old SQL syntax, I don't like the new one):

  SELECT *
  FROM biblio, biblioitems, items
  WHERE biblioitems.biblionumber=biblio.biblionumber AND
items.biblioitemnumber=biblioitems.biblioitemnumber

I didn't try to find out about the "difficulties to show subject heading
and classification number".

However, there are two things at least:

1. You cannot have a query with two FROM clauses like "SELECT * FROM
(SELECT ... SELECT (...)) AS Subject FROM items - this is definitely
incorrect syntax, whatever you try to achieve.

2. Also it is not possible to have "AS t" in your first where clause.

I recommend to start with a simple query, then build it up, always
respecting the correct SQL syntax.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes: Michael