[Koha] Alert Regarding: Free KOHA OPAC Mobile App

vinod mishra mishravk79 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 02:52:32 NZDT 2018

Dear All,

The message below has been floated for those who are using Koha and very
enthusiastic professionals who are willing to showcase as much as possible
with minimum efforts. The Mobile App is not meant for your/any library by
default and to get the app your library must be on some public domain name
and lot of other information you need to provide through the app than the
concerns will send you the app. My view is please avoid such things in the
age where people are much concern about data security.

My questions from the developers and you all are:

1. What if the domain name of any Koha/OPAC will change?
2. What if the database schema of koha updated?
3. What is the update policy of the said App?
4. Where is the source code to modify/improve the app by the community like
Koha?
5. To whom should we contact if face any problem in the app?
6. How to use the app if many are managing the koha on Intranet only?
7. How much space etc. it consumes on the mobile and which version of
android is supported.
8. Which version of Koha does it support?

Sorry for my little understanding of the below Koha App but please clarify
the points above.

With Regards,

Vinod Kumar Mishra,
Assistant Librarian,
Biju Patnaik Central Library (BPCL),
NIT Rourkela,
Sundergadh-769008,
Odisha,
India.
Mob:91+9439420860
Website: http://mishravk.com/
ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-4666-7874

*"Spiritual relationship is far more precious than physical. Physical
relationship divorced from spiritual is body without soul" -- Mahatma
Gandhi*